Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Logos aren't as easy as they look

So as I ratchet up for the long overdue next phase in Postrad evolution, the biggest hurdle is a simple one- a cool logo. As I mentioned last post, Kelly Mac, Our Lady of Perpetual Awesomeness, has been helping me with this process and is designing a logo for me. I am, in turn, becoming a difficult client, and surprising myself with how wishy-washy I can be when it comes to committing to a logo. In the mean-time I am playing with the overall design of the Postrad 2.0 site, and making progress that would at least impress a glacier.

No one said trying to be your own boss would be easy. Just ask the Godfather of Soul:



I'll admit I've never had to machine-gun a pool table to get a client to pay, but I'd be lying if I never thought about it.

I also think of the life I could lead if I just went for the 9-5, but then I watch this video and think twice:



I can't swallow sadness on a daily basis, amongst the many other things it apparently takes to be a boss in the corporate world. I don't know because I've never been, so I'll just have to take their word on it.

One other thing before I stick a fork in this post and call it done. Steve Smith, AKA Stevil Kinevil, blogger extraordinaire, is no longer giving the world his wonderfully off-kilter perspective via How to Avoid the Bummer Life and is now lone wolfing it at All Hail the Black Market ! Someday I hope to feel the power of the Stevil bump again like I did when he linked to postrad some months ago at the Bummer Life blog. It made my week. Anyway, check it out. As usual, his blog consists of a motley mash-up of bike culture, humor, art and general radness. If I could give his blog a big wet kiss, I would.

No comments: